“It is said a hero is only as good as their enemies. Thus, a good story has to have a well-written villain, somebody that earns respect. After all, what is a hero without a villain to challenge them?”
Frozen Inuit princesses redesigns. <3
I think it would have been really awesome if they did something like this instead. Either way, it was really fun to gather reference and draw some snowy cuties.
normally if something is brought up on my dash over and over and over and over again and its a fictional work I end up basically knowing everything that happens. this was not the case with Frozen, I have no fucking idea what the fuck people are talking about whenever its mentioned on my dash i am so fucking confused
One of the best jokes from Ratatouille - wine too expensive to spit out in disgust.
Disney Thoughts: Evil Queen and Mother Gothel Relationship
So I sort of have this headcanon that Mother Gothel is the Evil Queen’s only real daughter, also being Snow White’s step-sister. I don’t know if anyone else has thought of that, if you did I’m sorry I never saw it. But for me, what started out as a simple observation about the similarity between their characters, after i really thought about it, could be a total possiblity for the following reasons.
1. Vanity (first line): Both are very obsessed with their looks, and mirrors play in with a large symbolism with them. The Queen wants to be fairest in the land, while Gothel just wants to be youthful.
2. Manipulation of the women who control their vanity issues (second line): Both with stop at nothing to get what they want, and that means making life miserable and disregarding the needs and wants of their young step or stolen daughter. They are cruel mothers that do not love the women they are in the charge of, but instead see them as a means of getting to their vain goals.
3. Manipulating others to get what they want (third line): Both initially seek the help of strong men to do their dirty deeds for them. For the Queen, it was a huntsman to kill Snow White, doing her bidding because she simply has power. Gothel, though not Queen, has a different kind of power in the form of leverage, to convince the Stabbington Brothers to separate Flynn and Rapunzel.
4. Old transformations (fourth line): The Evil Queen was different from Gothel in that it was her plan and disguise to be an old hag, and in a strange way seemed to be enjoying it for being concerned how fair she was. Gothel was always fearful that she would die old. This makes me believe that, if Gothel really was her daughter, she was afraid of dying an old hag like her mother, and yet she did.
5. Genetics and situations (last line): Gothel and the Queen are very similar in that they have high cheekbones, black hair, long faces, thin red lips, long nose, thin dark eyebrows, and often lowered eyelids. Their older selves also has a lot of similarities. But perhaps the most interesting is that their stories take place in locations and time periods that make sense. The story of Rapunzel and the story of Snow White are both German, so both are alive in the same location. Also, according to the artist of the “Historical Princess” artwork, while the Disney Snow White’s story most likely happened in the 1500’s, Disney Rapunzel’s story could have happened somewhere near the 1700’s or early 1800’s. This makes perfect sense, because Gothel could have been born in the 1500’s and be centuries of years old as her Renaissance attire shows, keeping herself alive with the flower through generations.
Then there is the minor detail that if she were the direct daughter of the Queen, she would technically be a princess. I like to think that perhaps after what the Queen tried to do to Snow White, her family was banished from the throne and Gothel lost her princess status.
I support this.
List of Favorite Disney Villains | Judge Claude Frollo
I’ll find her. I’ll find her if I have to burn down all of Paris!
Frollo is the best villain of all time and no one can convince me otherwise
Can I just…..?????
Like, this is the single most beautiful piece of animation ever, I mean
Go ahead, click and drag it, I fucking GUARANTEE that whatever frame it lands on will make you feel better about your day.
I imagine this could provide our neglected followers with some entertainment
dragging it is priceless
(there you go each frame with duplicates removed)
Ok, you know who I want Femslash of?
Nani and Ariel.
Like, hell yeah.
I didn’t know I wanted this until now.
Little Mermaid plot, replace Eric with Nani, and set the story off the coast of Hawaii y/y?
#oh no #nope #nein #this was completely and utterly unnecessary #why is this #I mean #now of course I want all the rule 63ed Frollo #gaunt sharp-edged implacable Mistress of Justice #she wanted to be a martyr but Rome fell long ago—she wanted to be a mystic bride of christ but the visions never came #so instead she is this—Sophia and Justita; blind and never-stinting #her flesh mortified and her will righteous #but then #Esmerelda #dancing on the rue de la cite #the love is still terrible and twisted; the shame is still burning under Frollo’s skin however she tries to fisplace it #…but god do I want that story
It was just going to be a sketch and then my hand slipped
I’VE LOVED THIS COVER FOR SO LONG AND NOW IT’S ON MY DASH THANK YO USO MUCH
Everyone had a crush on Aladdin, but me…well
ngl his dads pretty damn handsome. the king of 40 thieves bout to steal the pussy open sesame gurl
Coloring coloring books into a whole new level.
Art on the right by: http://loish.deviantart.com/
Coloring book pages belong to Disney.
whoever did this is a danger to society
I just love that Aladdin gives his food to two kids. Food he went through a whole musical number for.
Jack was employed into service for the East India Trading Company and was given command of the Wicked Wench. However, after he set free a cargo of slaves, his employer, Cutler Beckett, had Jack branded as a pirate and the Wench set aflame and sunk. After failing to rescue the Wench, Sparrow struck a bargain with the ghostly captain of the Flying Dutchman, Davy Jones, to resurrect his beloved vessel. Jones returned the ship to Jack in near perfect condition except for the permanently charred hull. This prompted Jack to rename her the Black Pearl.
Jack Sparrow just got way cooler.
Yo, this is why Norrington said he’s the “worst pirate I’ve ever heard of,” and then Jack followed it up with, “But you have heard of me.”
Because Jack was branded a Pirate because he freed people rather than stealing anything. So Norrington, with his sense of duty, knows that Jack has been branded a criminal for actively not being a terrible human being. Norrington is torn between his duty as a naval officer and knowing that Jack is right.
He freed exactly 100 people, that’s why his debt to Jones was 100 souls. Davy has a sick sense of irony after all. Jack freed 100 souls and as a consequence his ship got sunk. Now his ship has been raised and as a consequence, he has to enslave 100 souls. This explains his reluctance to actually pay back the debt.